Monday, December 6, 2010

letting go of specialness.

A course in Miracles:

"To value specialness is to esteem an alien will to which illusions of yourself are dearer than the truth...Here is your savior from your specialness. He is in need of your acceptance of himself as part of you, as you for his."


The cosmic game. To live in truth, in knowing that we are one and the same. No one is special but we are all the same. So when we strive to be seen as special, we are really denying ourselves and others the right to be the same. Thus, we are diminishing ourselves and others when we compare, deny, and/or separate one from another. This is when we start to live an illusion. We begin to create ourselves as "different" and build on the illusion of separation and fear.

So even when I judge myself, I am distinguishing others as different from me and I am perpetuating negative emotions and guilt out into the world. If I deny myself my own humility, I am denying others there right to be who they are. If I do not accept myself, I do not accept others. If I do not accept others, they do not accept me. When we do not accept ourselves, we build on an illusion, and so the cycle continues.

I see the challenge as coming down to this: when we HOLD situations on the material plane of reality as more significant than our own and others spiritual growth and development, we feed and begin to live an illusion. The challenge is in Letting go.

So CHEERS to being ourselves and setting each other free.

No comments: