Thursday, February 10, 2011

Being "perfect"

When i think of the word "enlightened," I freeze. I start to compare myself to all my imperfections. Admittedly, I feel so imperfect sometimes that I think I might want to jump off a roof. (I laugh). That is the human dilemma we face. We love who we are, until we see how imperfect we are. Then, we make ourselves crazy with the thought about being imperfect. We become afraid and hide who we are being and instead we replace our vulnerabilities with a mask that make us seem perfect to others. When we wear masks to be "perfect", we perpetuate feelings that we have to wear a mask in order to be accepted. Also, we perpetuate fear in the world, by unconsciously telling people that they have to be perfect as well.

This has to at least contribute to feelings of "going mad" and dissociative mental dis-eases of the brain. It has to do with a very strong ego and a lack of validation for our true feelings.

Fortunately, times are changing. I see that they are through listening and noticing signs- within myself and outside. I do not believe it is possible to go mad if one is committed to healing, becoming more aware of themselves- their connection to God and the healer within, as well as the signs and support from outside helpers guiding us along our way.

Psalm 23:4:

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me."

Could "thy rod and thy staff" be our mirrors. Those that show us light from outside. Could they be our guides from our dreams, our visions, and the felt sense. I imagine so. Trust it! Amen.

No comments: