Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Is it wise to lie?

My friend made a statement yesterday that "sometimes it is wise to lie." Is that truth? Is that wisdom?
________________________________________________________________________________________________

First, it depends on who I am lying to. Am I lying to my higher self? Or am I lying to what society, an authority figure, a person or group of people would see inappropriate? According to whose standards am I "lying"?

Wisdom is an action coming from the higher self.

I realize that when I lie, it is my higher self who I am lying to, not anyone else. Sometimes I have a difficult time accepting it and when that occurs, I see that I feel guilty and afraid for not listening. It is not wise to lie to my higher self, however it is wise to accept the choices that I make when I do not listen.

When I accept that I do not always listen to my higher self, I experience love for myself. I remember that I am not perfect for a reason and that God does not judge me. It is my ego that judges. This creates peace within me.

When I am "lying" according to another person's standards and am acting from my highest self at the same time, then perhaps I am not even lying. Rather, I am trusting.

It is wise to listen to our higher selves, to trust and to accept our choices either way.


Define: Wisdom

a deep understanding and realizing of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to choose or act to consistently produce the optimum results with a minimum of time and energy. It is the ability to optimally (effectively and efficiently) apply perceptions and knowledge and so produce the desired results. Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true or right coupled with optimum judgment as to action. Synonyms include: sagacity, discernment, or insight. Wisdom often requires control of one's emotional reactions (the "passions") so that one's principles, reason and knowledge prevail to determine one's actions. (Wikipedia)

1. The quality of being wise; knowledge, and the capacity to make due use of it; knowledge of the best ends and the best means; discernment and judgment; discretion; sagacity; skill; dexterity. [1913 Webster]

No comments: